Cookstown residents temporarily evacuated
INNISFIL – Residents from 20 Cookstown homes were evacuated from their homes after a gas line was struck here Wednesday afternoon.
At 3:40 p.m., a construction crew accidentally hit a natural gas line at the northeast corner of County Rd. 27 and Victoria Street.
South Simcoe police, Innisfil firefighters and Enbridge Gas were called to the scene.
County Rd. 27 was closed from Highway 89 to Kidds Lane, and residents from 20 nearby homes were temporarily evacuated as a precaution while Enbridge staff worked to stop the leak.
The roads re-opened just before 8:45 p.m. and residents were allowed to return to their homes just after 10 p.m. Wednesday.